One service provided to Township residents is our Brush Chipping Service. This is designed to assist in the disposal of storm damaged tree limbs and brush and debris from MINOR tree trimming performed by residents. Ravenna Township will NOT pick up material that has been cut by a commercial service or material from the clearing of a building lot.
As workloads permit, the Ravenna Township crew will chip on Mondays and Tuesdays from May to October.
To ensure tree limbs and brush will be chipped, please observe the following:
- Place material on the road right of way.
- Arrange material in neat piles with the butt ends toward the road.
- Do NOT include leaves, grass or lumber.
- Do NOT include stumps or branches with dirt attached.
- Do NOT include limbs greater than 4 inches in diameter.
- Brush piles are restricted to four (4) feet high by eight (8) feet long and eight (8) feet wide, any brush exceeding this size will NOT be picked up by the Road Department.
Any material that does not meet the above criteria will not be removed.